Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Web Design Chit Chat, a website for people who like knocking together websites or would like to be able to knock together websites but donít know how to yet.

Home Advertise Web Directory Like Us? HelpSearchLoginRegister  

Tag Cloud code interfered with a couple of my websites (Read 1.182 times)
Admin-JDUCK1979
YaBB Administrator

I love web design

Yorkshire, England
Tag Cloud code interfered with a couple of my websites
27th Sep, 2015 at 5:08pm

Tag Clouds are (or were) a great way for giving search engines a way to pick-up keywords for your website.

A few years ago I stuck tag clouds on a couple of my other forums to see if they'd boost things along.

Last month, or maybe a bit earlier these forums started re-directing to another website, and I couldn't figure out what the hell was wrong with them, like couldn't find an .htaccess file re-directing them like when my whole webspace was tampered with in that way earlier this year by some Egyptian c*** with a microscopic prick.

Then the other day I finally nailed it when I removed the code for the tag clouds from the forum template, maybe it was something to do with the tag cloud generator site I made it on packing it in and transfering their domain name to a domain parking page?

I was going to include a sample of the offending blocks of code, but they were too long (even after briefly increasing size of a maximum post on here to 20,000 characters).

The Administrator.
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

johnniewalk
YaBB Newbies

I Love building websites

Re: Tag Cloud code interfered with a couple of my websites
Reply #1 - 9th Aug, 2017 at 8:20am

thanks for the post and information

WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Drive More Traffic to Your Website | User Friendly Site for Cooperative Traffic | Push traffic to your website | Website Advancement Opportunities | Get the Best Webhosting in Britain | Make Money Investing in Domain Names