Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Web Design Chit Chat, a website for people who like knocking together websites or would like to be able to knock together websites but donít know how to yet.

Home Advertise Web Directory Like Us? HelpSearchLogin  

Webhosting glitch solved (Read 190 times)
Admin-JDUCK1979
YaBB Administrator

I love web design

Yorkshire, England
Webhosting glitch solved
30th Mar, 2018 at 5:15am

Just figured out a strange glitch I was suffering with the SFTP upload to my webhosting package when trying to upload this page to use as an alternate ad.

Logged in with Coffeecup FTP as normal, uploaded html file to spot I wanted it to go, logged out, went to the URL it was supposed to be at, and nothing there.
Several tries later including through the file manager in the cpanel still no luck.

Looks like the issue was caused by the Zonealarm firewall software, as I tweaked a few settings on that, and it uploaded fine. So it appears Firewall softwares can cause issues with FTP and SFTP file uploads to webspaces.

Thought this might prove useful to anyone being driven nuts with similar issues.

The Administrator.
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

sobhana12
YaBB Newbies

I Love building websites

Re: Webhosting glitch solved
Reply #1 - 5th Apr, 2018 at 10:24am

hi. In this Webolute is a leading website hosting services provider in India  not only are we offering affordable and supreme quality web hosting plans but we also deliver solutions thanks for sharing.
OHSAS 18001 Certification in Qatar

IP Logged

Drive More Traffic to Your Website | User Friendly Site for Cooperative Traffic | Push traffic to your website | Promote Your Website with SEO and Monetise It | Get the Best Webhosting in Britain | Make Money Investing in Domain Names | Get the Best SEO Software | Freelance Jobs with Fiverr